Jobs / Careers
Davis Fabricators, Inc.
15765 W. State Route 2
Oak Harbor, OH 43449
Phone: (419) 898-5297
Fax: (419) 898-5703
Job Description: Welder/Fabricator
Applicants for the position of Welder/Fabricator must have the following skills and abilities.
- Ability to read blueprints and cut lists.
- Ability to identify different structural shapes and materials used in the trade.
- Ability to identify and use different layout tools.
- Possess adequate math and geometry skills to perform layout and calculate materials needed.
- Ability to operate equipment such as a shear, brake, angle rolls, pinch rolls, iron worker, punches, automatic band saw, fork lift, overhead crane, welders, torches, misc. hand and power tools such as grinders and drills.
- Knowledge and ability to perform fit-up of parts within tolerances and according to prints.
- Good welding skills and the ability to weld according to weld symbols.
- Knowledge and ability to work in a manner which minimizes distortion of materials and the ability to correct distortion when necessary with flame or mechanically.
- Good attendance and punctuality and the willingness to work overtime when necessary.
Employees are expected to possess the proper hand tools to do their job without borrowing from others. Employees are also expected to use the proper safety equipment supplied by the company and work in a safe manner.